In the shadow of my Lord,
I know my life is blessed.
God sees each tear and feels each pain.
He seeks me out and restores my soul.
~ ~ ~

The Encourager's mission statement:
To inspire and encourage spiritual joy.


Friday, December 23, 2016

There's change in the air...

Although I'm mostly homebound, I've noticed something you may have missed during this busy season.

Santa's Workshop at the North Pole has undergone magical renovations.

When I was a child, the elves were sawing, hammering, painting, sewing, designing and wrapping. Throughout December, we'd listen to the radio to hear other children call in with their wishes: sleds, trucks, baby dolls, paper dolls, a kitchen set, Candy Lane and other games, boots and mittens and an occasional request for a baby brother or sister. (Now we have trillions of commercial minutes to convince children of "must haves.")

As the world's population increased, Santa's workshops grew into specialty shops. Technology and computerization increased the efficiency and quality. Santa now delegates through the head elves. But he's around every day to encourage and problem solve. Mrs. C assures all are fed and sleeping well for top performance.

I find it amazing, throughout these years of expansion, that the elves have grown from four inches to over four feet tall.



Satellites and computers have changed the mailroom and I've heard there are fewer errors in the naughty and nice lists. Santa's GPS avoids detours caused by fog like in the old days. And special crystal orbs assure Santa will make it around the world in one night.


My new Christmas Eve PJs are ready.
So I'll be snuggled in my recliner to re-watch Jim Carey's A Christmas Carol, Miracle in the Wilderness and the Best Christmas Pageant Ever.


These are my favorites this year:









This is not a scientific study. Just my observations as I've watched Christmas movies while knitting this month. 

BTW, Santa, I've been good, well mostly, and would like an e-reader. Really,



Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment