In the shadow of my Lord,
I know my life is blessed.
God sees each tear and feels each pain.
He seeks me out and restores my soul.
~ ~ ~

The Encourager's mission statement:
To inspire and encourage spiritual joy.


Monday, January 30, 2017

Two in One

Once again I am sharing my online friend's post. Joe's writing always touches my heart, makes me think and reflect, and encourages me. Be sure to scroll down after Joe's story to read mine.


                                                  NOT DONE YET

                                                 By: Joseph J. Mazzella

Life is full of miracles.  They surround us every day.  One of these miracles happened to me recently.  I was filling my car’s tank at a local gas station.  It was only 10 A.M., but I already felt tired.  It was a cloudy, gloomy and rainy day and I hadn’t slept well the night before.  After I had paid for the gas, I turned my car towards the main road.   I looked right and left then my brain sent the signal for my foot to push on the gas pedal, but nothing happened. 

Shocked, I shook my head to clear it and gazed down at my foot. Just as I did, though, a semi-truck roared past my car doing 60 mph.

My weary, bleary eyes hadn’t seen it when I had looked just 2 seconds earlier.  If I had been pulling out when I should have been my little green car would have been smashed, and I would have most likely been killed.

I sat there for a long time quietly thanking God for sparing my life before pulling out on the road and heading home.  This time both my brain and foot worked perfectly.

As I looked back on that moment later, I still couldn’t understand it.  Did God prevent my brain’s signal from reaching my foot?  Did an angel grab my toes to keep them from pressing on the gas?  One question kept coming back into my mind as well: why?  Why did I get this miracle?  Why did God spare my life this day? 

Finally, I felt the answer forming deep within my heart and mind.  I heard the words coming from my soul saying: “You still have more to do. Your work is not done yet!”

Richard Bach wrote: “Here is the test to find if your mission on Earth is finished: if you are alive it isn’t.”  Wake up each day knowing that your mission isn’t done yet.  Wake up each day knowing that you still have more to do.  You have more love to share, more people to help, more kindness to give.  You have one more day to be the miracle God meant for you to be.


~ ~ ~




U-Turn 
   
by Constance Gilbert

I'll always remember May 30th, 1980 I was driving with my son into town to pick up my paycheck. Part way there I stopped in the left-hand lane for a red light. Within seconds I heard "Turn around NOW!"

The light turned green... at that moment I made a fast U-turn in front of oncoming traffic and headed for home with no attention to the speed limit. As I parked, the disaster sirens began blaring. We ran to the basement and waited.

If I had ignored that command, my son and I would have been in the direct path of one of the three tornadoes that devastated our city.

As we waited, my son said, "You really scared me when you did that Uy. How did you know the tornadoes were coming?"

"I didn't. I just heard a voice command me to turn around. At the time I didn't think about who it was, I just obeyed. But I know it was a message from God."

With a huge hug, he replied, "I'm glad you did."

Why me? I had a son to raise, and God had plans for both of us.

~ ~ ~ 












No comments:

Post a Comment