In the shadow of my Lord,
I know my life is blessed.
God sees each tear and feels each pain.
He seeks me out and restores my soul.
~ ~ ~

The Encourager's mission statement:
To inspire and encourage spiritual joy.


Friday, October 11, 2013

Oops in the Positive

 Image courtesy of pamsclipart.com  







God does not require you to succeed; 

He only requires that you try.


                                                                               ~Mother Teresa





Remember, we all stumble...

everyone of us.  

That's why

it's a comfort to go

hand in hand. 

                                                        ~Emily Kimbrough



"If someone is too tired to give you a smile,
leave one of your own, because no
one needs a smile as much as those
who have none to give."
                                                                                              
- Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch

       From my fellow knitters:

*Mistakes are what make things truly unique and one of a kind."
*There are no mistakes in my work, only additions of character."

Many years ago I visited a Roman villa with wonderful mosaic floors laid down in about 200AD. The guide pointed out a mistake and said that mosaic workers always made a deliberate mistake because only their gods were perfect.

What did someone else call these errors? Angel kisses!
Someone else noted that these errors are what make handmade things human--that is my way of saying it.

Mistakes are just designer elements!

Native americans always leave a mistake to let the evil spirits out.
 I have always thought that was a good idea and sometimes I leave more than one for good measure.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~ Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'

It isn't the fact of making a start, it's the sticking that counts, I'll say. 
It's the fellow that knows not the meaning of fail,
but hammers and hammers away.
Whenever you think you've come to the end,
 and you're beaten as bad as can be, 
remember that diamonds are chunks of coal. 
They stuck to their jobs, you see.
                                                          - Clark R. Gilbert



An old man said,

“Erasers are made for those who make mistakes.”

A youth replied,

“Erasers are made for those who are
willing to correct their mistakes!” 
Attitude matters!
~ Unknown


I quote others to better express myself.  
May you be blessed with an extra smile or two today.
Connie





P.S. the errors in formatting are not the fault of the writer.                                                                     
                          
 






                                                      














No comments:

Post a Comment