In the shadow of my Lord,
I know my life is blessed.
God sees each tear and feels each pain.
He seeks me out and restores my soul.
~ ~ ~

The Encourager's mission statement:
To inspire and encourage spiritual joy.


Saturday, February 25, 2017

ALIVE!







 Lord,
     You have given me another day to walk with You. 
     As it was from the beginning, I am Yours. My body and mind… 
     everything I am is Yours. Energize me for today’s purpose. 
     Give me awareness of Your presence and the wonders surrounding me.
     I pray, in Your Son's name, that all I do and think will be pleasing to You.  
    Amen.


     Yesterday, I reminded myself that 
 and wrote the above to begin each day. For me, it is a reality that I might not wake up. So I am grateful and feel blessed for each additional day I receive. 

As I chose the little bird illustration above, it reminded me of one of those teaching moments I shared with my first grandchild when he was a pre-schooler. 

A tiny bird lay underneath the window, as we began our walk. It had not seen the glass as it flew. Its tiny neck broke upon impact.I explained the bird was dead. Meaning it could no longer fly or sing because it was not breathing.  

Later as we walked, he pointed happily toward the sky saying, "Gramma, they're breathing!" Indeed, the flock of geese flying overhead were honking and breathing. They were alive!

Living with chronic illnesses makes me wonder if there is any purpose for me to fulfill. Thanks to oxygen 24/7 I am breathing… 

I am alive!

I am blogging… sharing my thoughts to encourage you, my reader. I ask that you take a deep breath and do something to encourage someone today. Like maybe leave a comment for me!   

Selah...

Connie   

P.S.  
                                                                                                                                                                                               







    













No comments:

Post a Comment